Well everyone, it’s Valentine’s Day and I thought I would just post the list of my favorites of Hey! Say! JUMP. Keep in mind that I love them all and even the one who comes in 10th is awesome. So basically, I had three different sections but I’m forcing myself to place 1-10…here it goes…
10. Yaotome Hikaru: Now I really don’t have anything against Hikaru. I actually think he can be quite funny…I just like the others more…I don’t know really how to explain it and having no JUMP activities for a whole year is probably heavily influencing this statement but I don’t see the same spark as I used to. Last week, I decided to go back and watch some of the makings and he was so cute and goofy in them so it left me wondering what happened? Now I’m looking back on a particular School Kakumei live medley and it…just wasn’t there. Of course I don’t watch the show regularly so I wouldn’t know but he’s just not leaving the impression on me that he used to. Perhaps seeing Orthrus no Inu would help…
09. Chinen Yuri: Is he adorable? Is he sweet? All right, that’s hard to deny but I dunno…maybe I’m still bitter about the NYC boys thing. I prefer young adorable Chinen when he was sitting on Takaki’s lap and making weird noises in the Hey! Say! PV Making…of course we all have to grow up some time…honestly, I can’t really explain it. I love Chii but there’s just something blocking him from being one of my top guys right now.
08. Morimoto Ryutaro: As many of you know, my love for Ryu-chan has grown quite a bit. I think he’s growing from his shell and slowly getting there…I can see it in the magazine shoots that he’s getting used to the camera. Basically, keep going for the stars Ryu-chan. It might be kind of weird to say this, but he should take a few lessons from his little brother, who is developing into quite the little star.
07. Takaki Yuya: I love Takaki. He’s a goofball and so weird sometimes (watching the Mayonaka no Shadow Boy Making Of). I STILL NEED TO SEE GOKUSEN!!! I don’t know why I’m so slow but if I can find some subs then I shall try to make time to watch. I think watching hiim act will improve my love for him even more. Is his hair still blonde? I prefer it red or brown…
06. Yamada Ryosuke: I know this seems like a low position but if I allowed myself to have ties, he would be in the second tier. Now I’ve been a little hard on Yamada lately but after watching Hidarime Tantei…he’s definitely back up there! I guess I forgot just how much emotion he can put into things…but I think what really struck me is just how much of a natural gift he has. And I can’t fault him for having something so amazing. Yama-chan, you are amazing so stay the way you are and do your best!!
05. Yabu Kota: How can I not love Yabu?? He’s sweet and he’s funny. He may be a little on the quiet side (I am too) but when he’s on that stage, he brings everything he’s got. Awesome voice, awesome dancing, awesome looks (hehehe). I just really wish he wouldn’t do such cheesy songs like BORN in the EARTH (no, I’m not gonna get over that until I see an album tracklist and see it not there lol). I also haven’t watched his dorama yet but I want too! Any series with a shirtless Yabu in it is a kind I would very much like to watch.
04. Okamoto Keito: What can I say, I’ve been bit by the Keito big. Has it been all the fanfiction I’ve been reading? undoubtedly. But I really do think Keito has come a long way from the shy English boy I first came to know. Just the change from the Your Seed PV Making to the Mayonaka no Shadow Boy PV Making is surprising. He barely set one word in the first (did he say more than that one line at the beginning??) and was acting all weird in the latter. He’s really blossoming and I demand that we get Keito a drama role (if he wants one of course) and more lines in songs so we can see his awesomeness! How can you not want more Keito after he delivered the epicness that is Babylon??? And have you seen those abs… *drools*
03. Nakajima Yuto: Yuto-chan!!! Through my course of watching the makings and everything, it’s really hit me how things have changed for Yuto. When Hey! Say! JUMP was introduced, I wouldn’t say Yuto was the star of the group or anything but he was definitely one of the front-runners. Now…yeah…I watched the Mayonaka no Shadow Boy PV Making and it kind of upset me. He looked so lonely…like the scene where he was talking about the single and throwing stuff outside…I don’t know. I thought the other guys were kind of mean to him when he was just being so cute and hyper Yuto…I’m glad Keito was nice to him. He did an AMAZING job in Scrap Teacher and I demand that he get more attention in the future because he deserves it. For me, one of Yuto’s biggest appeal points is that he seems like the kind of guy you could just pal around with. He would be a very good friend and I would LOVE to be friends with some as wonderful as him.
02. Inoo Kei: How can I like a boy that’s been in the back from day one you ask? Well just take the time to really think about it and you’ll see all the great qualities of Inoo Kei! Magazines…he OWNS his shots. He definitely knows how to work the camera and it’s obvious the camera loves him. I would say that he has the best overall average of best shots of the 10 members. And I know it’s hard to hear his voice a lot because he doesn’t get really opportunities for solo lines but he has got a GREAT voice. In Hey! Say! JUMP’s latest tour, Yabu was absent sometimes and so and Daiki filled in for his lines. Kei’s voice = LOVE. If you haven’t heard it, then you need to. It’s somewhere in hey_say’s LJ so if you have the time, I would highly recommend it. I really don’t know why he doesn’t have solo lines…it’s actually a crime. And I personally think he’s quite the looker (what a strange phrase). His smile is just…adorable. So in short, Kei needs more attention. I know I’m saying that kind of a lot but this time, I’m pushing it even a little more because Kei feels like the most ignored member of the group when he has all the qualities that would put him at front with a little push.
01. Well I suppose the picture at the top really gave things away huh? But it really shouldn’t come as a surprise to any of you that my number one is Dai-chan. He’s the perfect combo of hot and cute (like Massu) and his smile could light up a room. I just don’t know how anyone could resist his cute charm! If you look at the videos, you’ll notice that this boy can move. For example, he always hits his moves so sharply in the Suriru performances. And he really does have a good voice (I’m glad he got solo lines in Mayonaka no Shadow Boy). I loved his acting roles and wish he would have gotten more spotlight (grr…). Anyway, not much to say that I haven’t already said before. Daiki is amazing. End of story.
So yeah, that’s my little list and I think I’ll post an update in a couple weeks after seeing the Hitomi no Screen Making and photobook + DVD and all that good stuff. I’m very excited to see the guys all together and see just how much they’ve changed from the last making!! What about you all??? Any changes in your lists???